A problem was identified where in one particular situation (AI picking one half of tag champs, then the player picking the other half) it was possible that the same wrestler was drafted twice. This has now been fixed.
- Hold a WWE-style Draft with any promotion, with customisable settings.
- See and change your Brand logos
Fix: The text colour for wrestler bios was wrong for some colour schemes. Now fixed.
Fix: If you made an offer to a promotion to speak to one of their wrestlers and the wrestler declined your offer, you got an email saying you still had to pay. This is now fixed.
When the 'Other Wrestlers' screen was updated in Fix 5, the following errors were created:
- The first wrestler in the list could not be clicked.
- Searching for a specific name did not display any results.
Both of these things have been corrected in Fix 6.
- Added more emails from the owner, advising on the size of venues to book in your first week and giving general advice at the start of your game.
- Added 'welcome' email for new indies, explaining what you need to do at the start of the game.
- Venue screen updated to show the name of the show you're booking, whether it's a primary, secondary or big show, and the last attendance you had for that show.
- Other Wrestlers screen updated - rows are now coloured, columns now sortable and there's a column for the Hardcore stat.
- Advanced Search - you can can exclude non-workers from the search.
- If you've marked a wrestler as a Favourite and they become a free agent, you'll receive an email to let you know.
- Emails screen has had small visual tweaks (colour scheme).
- When a Royal Rumble is booked on 28th January 2023 as WWE, you'll get special Royal Rumble trivia in the commentary (must use the 1st January 2023 stats update).
- Added in-game link to the new PW Shop (opening soon).
- Changed the in-game PW Arena link to go to the PW Arena page of the website rather than directly to the forums, as it didn't work on all browsers.
- When setting the investment of your training camp, it will now use the custom name of your training camp.
- If you load in a saved game, it updates the 'last Data Pack' to whatever Data Pack that saved game used.
FIX - Resolved a bug that could prevent TV ratings from growing.
FIX - If your opening match at a Big Show was a stipulation match, the commentary that says 'let's kick things off with...' didn't show correctly - now fixed.
FIX - The email notifying you of a new trainee sometimes showed - instead of the training camp name - now fixed.
FIX - When two battle royals were booked on a show, when it took you to the results, it displayed the results for one gender while highlighting the button of the other gender - now fixed.
- One label wasn't pulling through with the colour scheme (Promotion Select - PPV Yes/No) - corrected.
- There was a problem displaying current upper card titles held, on the wrestler profile screen - now corrected.
- Message box warning added if the game is opened from within a Program Files directory, advising that it is not recommended to have the game stored there.
- Updated the game so it can pull through the name of the training camp and level of investment into it from the .fed file, following an update to the editor that lets you set that information in the Data Pack.
- Corrected an error where it wasn't auto-loading the last Data Pack used when you first opened the game.
- Prevented the game from treating the venue choice as too small if you've chosen the largest venue possible.
- Slowed down the increase and decrease rate of attendances and viewerships over time.
A quick fix as Fix 1 had inadvertently created a File Not Found error when starting a new indie. This is now resolved.
- When you change the name of a person on your roster, the game checks if it is the Owner and updates the Owner stat and any emails from them in your Inbox.
- After changing to a different Data Pack, the 'NEW' tab was no longer highlighted - fixed.
- Older Data Packs which still had '1_' in front of the filenames to make them in the priority 16 promotions weren't pulling through their Championships - fixed.
- The title reigns of Champions in promotions owned by your promotion weren't increasing - fixed.
- When you received a message saying a wrestler had accepted your contract offer, if you didn't finalise or cancel that offer within 5 days, you weren't able to offer that person another deal. That has now been fixed, and the time before the deal expires has now increased to 7 days. The message in your Inbox updates accordingly if it expires.
If you have a Saved Game from before this fix, with wrestlers you cannot make offers to, zip your Save Game and email it to me and I'll fix your save manually.
- Amended the text on the Recap screen so that it can be used for any purpose.
- Added further prevention of possible 'path not found' error messages.
New Feature -Full redesign of the Promotion Select screen - added filters for country and level, shows more stats for the selected promotion (roster size, level of TV, do they have PPV). Now shows up to 8 promotion logos at once.
New Feature - Removed the limit of 16 for number of promotions in the game - now has no limit.
New Feature - Added Interim titles, when a singles champion is injured for more than 30 days. Unifies with the original title when original champion is booked against interim champion.
New Feature - Added Trios titles.
New Feature - Allowed unlimited titles per promotion.
New Feature - You can now include titles on your shows from any promotion that your promotion owns.
New Feature - Instead of a set Loading screen, it now chooses one at random from however many are in the Data Pack.
New Feature - 10 new Loading screens included, with classic moments from the Monday Night Wars.
New Feature - Added a welcome email from the promotion owner, with their photo.
New Feature - Added new colour scheme option 'PW Black'.
Change - Screen ratio changed to 1920 x 1080 (19% bigger screen)
Change - Side panel added containing info text and the action buttons
Change - Added a Donate button to the title menu
Change - Title History grid - made it size according to number of rows
Change - When you view title details in the Championships screen, it hides everything in the background.
Change - Promotion Momentum now shows on the Home screen.
Change - Inbox button now changed to PW Mail box at bottom of Home screen.
Change - Where your wrestler's profiles previously showed what title they held, it now shows any roles that person has - Owner/Power Figure/Interviewer/Talk Show Host/Commentator/Manager, as well as what title(s) they hold, cycling through on a loop if they have more than one title or role.
Correction - made the currently selected Data Pack show when you go to the Change Data Pack screen (instead of the first one in the list).
Correction - made the title history scroll with the mouse wheel.
Correction - the ranking of national promotions with 2 primary TV shows was not correct.
Correction - if changing the name of a wrestler who currently has the record reign, it now updates their name as record holder also.
Correction - When you vacated a title, the pictures still showed of the former holders. Fixed.
An error was identified that was created in Update 2022-2, where, if you offer one of your roster a new contract, and they accept, you could not discuss a contract with that wrestler ever again. This has now been prevented from happening, and the game will also check any saved game loaded into it to see if it contains the problem, and corrects the save if so.
A quick fix to an error found in 2022-2a which prevented the game being saved when playing as a new indie.
New Feature - The option to make the screen smaller, to fit older laptops or smaller screens. New Feature - The game can now accept pre-game Title History, so that when you start a new game, the title history can show all the previous title holders prior to the game start date.
Change - Adapted the 'request to sign' and 'request to book' feature for other wrestlers to work with all Promotion Relationships, including the new 'Owner' relationship created for the AEW-ROH situation.
Change - When you try to book a wrestler for one show and they say they're unavailable that day, it now keeps you on that screen so you can try a different date, rather than sending you back to the wrestler's profile.
Change - Text added to the start-up message, recommending that the language setting in Windows is set to English (as there are problems when set to a non-English language).
Change - comdlg32.ocx file added to the Install - Windows 11 users do not have that file and it is required in order to use the Jabroni Factory. Everyone who installs the game from this version onwards will have the file installed.
Fix - Corrected a typo in the 'Next Day' code which could cause a 'Runtime Error 6: Overflow' error message.
Fix - When you clicked edit on a branded championship, the combo box showed 'All Brands' by default, rather than the actual brand of that championship. That is now fixed.
New Feature - Redesigned Champions screen, allowing for pictures of the title belts and showing the pictures of the title holders. Titles also now grouped by Upper/Mid/Lower card level.
New Feature - Feuds screen now shows pictures of the wrestlers in the feuds.
Change - New Data Pack Load screen - no more 'starting data', everything now goes through Data Packs.
Change - Data Packs can now have their own cover picture, which displays on the Change Data Pack screen.
Change - Wrestler bios now scrollable.
Change - Game now remembers what name you give yourself and auto-populates each time you start a new game.
Change - New 'Long Name' stat for wrestlers allows for nicknames like "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles.
Change - Added 'non-wrestling' role for retired wrestlers and people with non-worker ring styles.
Change - Removed card position stat for Free Agents.
Change - Enables the new features creatable with the upcoming Data Pack Editor.
Change - Redesigned drop-down menus giving access to more screens and showing information before you click.
Change - New Favourites system lets you set a non-signed wrestler as a 'favourite' for viewing at a later date.
Change - You can now change a wrestler's Tag Team or Stable to 'None' in one click from their profile.
Change - On-screen indicator added to show when you're getting close to a local / regional / national TV deal.
Change - New in-game one-click links to pwremastered.com, the PW Arena, PW Facebook, PW Twitter, PW Reddit and PW YouTube.
Change - The lastsave and nointro files have been moved into the Data folder instead of the main directory.
Change - When making a contract offer to a wrestler, the wrestler will tell you how much money they want and what role.
Change - After a wrestler accepts your offer, you have the chance to withdraw the offer.
Change - Added to Advance Search the option to search by the Retired stat.
Fix - Limited image lists to only the formats supported by the game.
Fix - When clicking Cancel on an Advanced Search, it now resets the displayed results.
Fix - When another promotion signs a wrestler, it will now update their wages.
Fix - Added a default title screen to display if the game cannot find the external title screen image.
Fix - When another promotion signs a wrestler, their Stable stat now changes to None.
Fix - Fixed a problem with deleting Saved Games that caused an error message.
Fix - Changed the default install directory to the C drive instead of the Program Files folder, which avoids 'file not found' errors caused by not being in Administrator mode when starting the game.
- New Feature - Added Option to Auto-Book Secondary Shows.
- Change - You can now access the Tag Teams/Stables screen while booking a show.
- The text box for Short Name on the training camp screen wasn't included in the colour scheme - Fixed.
- There were times when tag team names in a backstage segment didn't match the individual members of the teams (it used team name 1 for wrestlers 3 and 4, and vice versa, for example). This has now been fixed.
- If you changed a wrestler's name via their profile, it did not update their name in the wins/losses/momentum data. Now fixed.
- Corrected typo in highlights text which said "we just days away" from the next Big Show.
- Corrected a problem with the Battle Royal and Results screens not showing correctly when using the PW Red or Bumblebee colour schemes.
- Adjusted the independent promotion attendances created for background promotions to make them higher.
- Just corrected the AEW promotion file, as Full Gear was set for Sunday 13th November instead of Saturday 13th November.
- There was an error if you skipped to results part-way through viewing the highlights - now fixed.
- Pro Wrestling EAST has been added as a playable promotion.
- Peter Nixon, Tarquin, Cordelia and Doug Williams have been added as wrestlers and their pictures all added to the Wrestler Pics download.
- Just a quick update as I discovered a problem with loading some v1.3 scenarios. Now fixed.
- A part of the Training Camp screen had been missed off the colour scheme - fixed.
- A couple of the interview commentaries had the 'interviewer required' stat entered wrongly - fixed.
- Changed the Digital Media Championship in IMPACT to be for all genders.
- Changed the IMPACT Tag Team Championships to be for Male only (they had been All genders)
- Changed the Knockouts Championship from the tertiary title to a custom mid-card title
- Made Heath available to wrestle for Bound For Glory 2021 (was injured until November)
- Updated Matt Cardona's finisher to Radio Silence, added Chelsea Green as his face manager
- Increased IMPACT's starting production values, as they were too low and hurting your performance
- Added Manny Lemons and Zicky Dice as contracted IMPACT wrestlers
- Set John Skyler and VSK to regularly work for IMPACT, while remaining Free Agents
- Updated card positions for several IMPACT wrestlers
- Made adjustments to the Promoter Rating, to slow the decrease in certain circumstances
- The Championships belt info now shows whether the title is Upper/Mid/Lower Mid/Lower card
- Editing one of the four custom titles now lets you change its card level
- Updated again 24/10/21 (21:10 UK) just to fix a problem with choosing the winner of a Women's 6 Way match.
This isn't a fix as such, mostly improvements.
- The main change is that your roster list, the new signings roster list, venues, emails, results, history, calendar and battle royal stats are all now scrollable with your mouse wheel, for the first time in PW History.
- I've also made the title values show on the Championships screen, when you click on a title.
- I've updated the effect on a feud winner's momentum and draw value, dependant on the quality of the feud and the draw value of the losing side.
- The game has been set to override manually-entered minimum draw values for titles, however it hadn't been applying that override on normal new games, so I've corrected that so it now does. This keeps the judgement by the game consistent.
- Adjusted the positive effect on promoter rating and promotion momentum based on show quality, to be more generous.
- Made a couple of small changes to the data, for brand new players - Brian Myers' finisher needed updating to the Roster Cut, and I noticed a typo in the commentary ("they delivers") so I've corrected that also.
IMPORTANT: If you are replacing an existing version with Fix 4, you will need to replace all of the files, not just the exe. You can drag your saved game folder into the new Saved Games folder to keep your saved game, however, if your game has played past the 17th of the month using Promotion Wars: 21st Anniversary Edition, I would strongly recommend starting a new save, as your Draw values may have been wrongly changed.
- Feud heat now increases as normal whether you view the highlights or skip to results at any point.
- Monthly draw value increases was coded wrongly, resulting in much bigger increases to draw than there should be. Now fixed.
- The email you receive telling you the effect of a turn could sometimes have a blank for the wrestler's name. Now fixed.
- When you click on a member of your roster to see their profile, then click Back, the roster list remains as it was (doesn't move that wrestler to the top)
- There were certain matches that resulted in no commentary, causing the game to freeze. This should now not happen.
- 6 Man Tags resulted in pop ups showing that shouldn't, this is now fixed.
- You now will not get the message about a champion not being in the match, if the match is for a vacant title.
- Wrestlers file changes - Serena Deeb changed to Heel, Ace Austin changed from lower card to mid card.
- On the Analyse Roster screen, it wasn't showing 2 words correctly - fixed.
- In 2000 data - retired Bret Hart, made Curt Hennig a Free Agent.
- Prevented the game showing 'Tag Team' as a stipulation choice, for any v1.3 saved games.
- The 'information' text on the Feuds screen wasn't set to the correct colour in the colour scheme - fixed.
- Changed occurrences of 'Technical Wrestler' ring style to just 'Technical', in the 2000 data.
- When taken to the Venue Select screen for your second show of the day, I've made it clear in the header that you're choosing a venue for your big show.
- Un-retired Madison Rayne now that she is back active in IMPACT.
- Adjusted PPV buys for all promotions, to be closer to reality (except for WWE, as the Network is not in the game).
- Added Steve Maclin to IMPACT, as he was still showing as a Free Agent. Also added his profile pic to the People folder.
- Shortened any wrestler descriptions that were too big to fit in the box of the Profile screen.
- Prevented the game allowing you to advance to a Big Show if you had more than 9 but less than 14 wrestlers, as Big Shows require a minimum of 7 matches, not 5.
- Added code that takes into account relationships that high drawing wrestlers have with smaller indies, such as Jon Moxley and GCW. For example, this basically allows you, as GCW, to book Jon Moxley for occasional shows, whereas previously he may have not been interested.
- When any wrestler is approached for a booking, who works indie dates while contracted to a promotion, the promotion will first consider whether the date you request will interfere with that promotion's primary shows.
- If went straight to results, or jumped to results part way through highlights, title changes for the matches you didn't see, didn't register on the Champions screen. Now all title changes register, even if any highlights aren't seen.
- When clicking Confirm Show for a big show, there was a Type Mismatch error - this has now been fixed.
- If playing as AEW, Penta was spelt differently on the roster to in the champions info, so didn't show as champion. This has now been fixed. You will need to replace your aew.pw1 file in the Data folder with the corrected one for new games to be correct. Your saved game will automatically correct itself when you load it using the new exe, so you won't lose your save.
- When booking a tag team feud, it displayed an extra '&' on the feud booking screen. This is now fixed.
- 6 Man Tags sometimes showed the wrong team member's photos as the winners. This is now fixed.
- Colour scheme wasn't changing the draw value figures in the advanced search
- Going to a Big Shows schedule then clicking hide wasn't enabling the other buttons
- If a free agent had 'multi promotions' set, when you took control of one of those promotions and it changed them to be contracted to you, it didn't set their contract expiry date correctly, or add them to the wins and losses/momentum stat correctly.